Crocheting for DummiesBook - 2004
Are you hooked on the art of crochet? Not only can you make beautiful pieces of art and work on it virtually anywhere, crocheting also provides stress relief and is a great way to pass time without wasting it. It’s a hobby that is highly addictive yet highly rewarding, though it may take a little bit more than a rainy afternoon and a ball of yarn to get started.
Whether you’re a first-time crocheter or looking to expand your skills, Crocheting For Dummies shows you how to choose the right tools, create basic stitches, and finish off your work. This hands-on guide provides step-by-step instructions and full-color photos that make it fun and easy to master the basics as well as more advanced techniques. You’ll have the tools you need to:
- Create consistency with a gauge swatch
- Decode crochet patterns, symbols, and diagrams
- Stitch a double, a triple, a double triple, and a half double crochet
- Increase and decrease stitches
- Crochet in circles
- Work with different colors
- Stitch texture and advanced patterns
- Create an Afghan stitch
- Make new styles with filet crocheting
- Join seams, sow buttons, add trims, and make pockets
- Block and care for your work
Packed with instructions on different projects, as well as common mistakes and safety measures you should take to maximize your progress and fun, Crocheting For Dummies is the only guide you need to start creating beautiful designs in no time!
Baker & Taylor
Presents techniques for beginners, including choosing tools, creating basic stitches, and finishing-off work, and moves on to advanced techniques and information about caring for crocheted items.