Help Is Not A Four-letter Word
Why Doing It All Is Doing You inBook - 2007
It's great to be self-sufficient, isn't it?
Not if it's costing you your sanity.
Okay, so you're responsible, hard working, and independent. But you're also stressed out, overwhelmed, and reluctant to ask anyone for help. Why should you? You're perfectly capable of juggling work, family, and other obligations all by yourself, thank you very much. But ask yourself-and be honest:
- Are you constantly trying to “do it all,” all by yourself?
- Do you avoid delegating work because you don't trust others to “do it right”?
- Are you afraid you'll look weak if you ask someone for help?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you could be suffering from Self-Sufficiency Syndrome--and you might be heading for major burnout. The good news is: Help Is Not a Four-Letter Word. This groundbreaking new book by professional speaker Peggy Collins will show you how to recognize the signs, ease the demands you put on yourself, and start enjoying your work, your family, and your life.
Help Is Not a Four-Letter Word helps you:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of Self-Sufficiency Syndrome
- Break the cycle of extreme self-sufficiency
- Ask for help when you really need it
- Learn who and who not to ask for help
- Balance your personal and professional life