Windows Vista Ultimate BibleBook - 2007
The ultimate book on the ultimate Vista for gamers and digital media buffs.
If you're the ultimate gamer and multimedia fan, Windows Vista Ultimate and this information-packed book are for you. Want to launch games with a single click? Share files with your Xbox 360? Try out new audio and media tools? It's all here and then some. You'll find step-by-step tutorials, techniques, and hacks-plus in-depth discussions of games, gaming, performance tips, and much more. Whether you're a veteran Windows gearhead or just getting started, this is the book you need!
- Try out the new Aero Glass user interface and new desktop features.
- Set up your graphics card, sound card, and speakers.
- Keep Vista secure with stronger firewall and family safety settings.
- Meet the new DirectX with 32-bit floating point audio and high-speed DLLs.
- Share multimedia across a network with ease.
- Enrich your audio with crossfade, shuffle, and volume leveling.
- Get up to speed on the new Media Center and Media Player 11.
- Use the Universal Controller and WinSAT for gaming.
- Find out how to run Windows(r) XP games on Vista.
- Edit video like a pro.
Baker & Taylor
Accompanied by hundreds of screenshots in full color and black and white, an in-depth overview of the new Windows Vista explains how to take advantage of all features of the innovative operating system and offers a variety of tips, tricks, and insider hacks to help users customize their systems, with coverage of the Aero interface, Media Center, security capabilities, and much more. Original. (All Users)
An overview of the new Windows Vista explains how to take advantage of all features of the operating system and offers a variety of tips, tricks, and insider hacks to help users customize their systems, with coverage of such topics as the Aero interface,Media Center, and security capabilities.