A Beginner's GuideBook - 2009
An beginner's guide to SQL programming discusses the new features of the SQL:2006 ANSI/ISO standard, including SQL/XML, and explains how to program with SQL, covering topics including database objects, queries, modifications, embedded statements, troubleshooting, and management and administration functions. Original. (Beginner)
The third edition of this guide to the SQL programming language has been updated to include basic information on SQL/XML, and how to use new features in conjunction with RDBMS software such as MySQL 5.0, SQL Server 2008 and Oracle Database 11g. Oppel, an experienced database designer, has written this book for experienced programmers and users who need an introduction to Structured Query Language, underlining the ability to retrieve, insert, update and delete data while performing regular maintenance on the SQL database. Each chapter ends with self- quizzes and exercises designed to promote fluency in the SQL language. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Essential Skills--Made Easy!
Written to the SQL:2006 ANSI/ISO standard, this easy-to-follow guide will get you started programming in SQL right away. You will learn how to retrieve, insert, update, and delete database data, and perform management and administrative functions.SQL: A Beginner's Guide, Third Edition covers new features, including SQL/XML, and is loaded with updated SQL examples along with notes on using them with the latest RDBMS software versions such as MySQL 5.0, SQL Server 2008, and Oracle Database 11g.
Designed for Easy Learning:
- Key Skills & Concepts--Lists of specific skills covered in the chapter
- Ask the Experts--Q&A sections filled with bonus information and helpful tips
- Try This--Hands-on exercises that show how to apply your skills
- Notes--Extra information related to the topic being covered
- Self-Tests--Chapter-ending quizzes to test your knowledge
- Annotated Syntax--Example code with commentary that describes the programming techniques being illustrated