Pies, Pies & More Pies!Book - 2010
Easy as pie! Everyone knows the saying, but most people actually feel a little scared when it comes to baking one. These mouthwatering varieties will entice anyone into the kitchen--and the instructions by a leading pastry chef will make preparation simpler than you ever would have imagined.
Viola Goren, who trained at the world's most prestigious cooking schools, explains how to whip up puff pastry, dough for savory pies, and crusts for sweet ones. Then, she presents nearly 80 recipes for everything from a Cherry Tomato Pie with Basil and Mozzarella to a classic French Tarte Tatin to a decadent chocolate cheese. Each pie--Sweet Potato Pie with Thyme and Blue Cheese, Vol-au-Vent, Chicken Pot Pie, and Rustic Double-Crust Apple Tart, to name just a few--appears in delectable photographs, including many close-up shots that focus on the details of preparation.
· Berry Pies, including Strawberry Tartlets and Raspberry Pie with Lemon Creme Brulee
· Classic American and French Pies, such as Chocolate Pecan, Clafouti (a French Cherry Almond Custard Tart), a Pavlova, and Cinnamon Pumpkin.
· Apples in Every Way, from Brandy Apple Crumble to Normandy Pie
· Pudding and Cheese Pies, including Mascarpone and Coffee Cheese and Vanilla Cream with Wild Berries
· Chocolate Pies, such as a Chocolate Mint tart and Orange Chocolate Saint-Honore
· Nut Pies: Baklava Baskets, Chestnut with Whipped Cream, Nougat Mouss
· Savory Pies: Mushroom Pie with Creme Fraiche; Roasted Eggplant and Cheese; Spinach, Onion, and Pine Nut; Ratatouille Tartlets; Shepherd’s Pie