IPhone & IPad Game Development for DummiesBook - 2011
Here's the scoop on building and marketing great games for the iPhone and iPad!
The iPhone and iPad are the hottest techno-gadgets on the market today, and games for it are even hotter. To help you cash in on the trend, this book shows what it takes to create a good iPhone and iPad game and how to get it into the App Store.
Neal Goldstein, leader of an iPhone app startup company, and his co-authors show you how to build a game that will sell, include quality graphics, market your game through the App Store, and more. Whether you're a programming novice or an experienced developer looking to enter the game market, here's how to get going.
- Games for the iPhone are among the hottest apps in Apple's App Store
- Learn to build two game applications – from beginning to end
- Written by successful mobile app developers, this guide begins with how to get started, including downloading the SDK and filling your toolbox
- Covers programming with Objective-C and Cocoa, what makes a good game, graphics, and creating good mobile apps
- Explains how to market your game through the App Store
iPhone and iPad Game Development For Dummies can start you on a fun hobby or a lucrative career.
Note: Apple's iOS SDK tools are only accessible on Intel-powered Mac and MacBook devices.
Baker & Taylor
Each book covers all the necessary information a beginner needs to know about a particular topic, providing an index for easy reference and using the series' signature set of symbols to clue the reader in to key topics, categorized under such titles as Tip, Remember, Warning!, Technical Stuff and True Story.
Provides information on game development for the iPhone and iPad, covering such topics as SDK, iOS games, multiplayer games, and OpenGL.