The Hardware Startup
Building your Product, Business, and BrandBook - 2015
Hardware startups leveled off in 2014 after sharp increases the previous two years, but there’s no sign that IoT products have lost their luster, given their momentum in key economic sectors from health and energy to agriculture and financial services. In our biannual report, Hardware by the Numbers: Summer 2015, you’ll learn the most pertinent data behind the latest IoT trends.
Renee DiResta, Vice President of Business Development at Haven, not only reveals how many prominent accelerators around the world focus solely on hardware—and why startups participating in these programs are roughly split between B2B and B2C business models—but also examines the effect this emerging ecosystem is having in several industries, including:
- Health: wearables constitute the majority of connected devices
- Energy: "smart grids" continue to drive IoT adoption
- Financial services/insurance: sensors help this industry move from actuarial tables to behavioral and usage data
- Agriculture: conservation of resources and maximization of yield are at the forefront of IoT innovation
- Logistics and Transportation: startups are making inroads with GPS, routing optimization tools, and more
- Public sector: governments are moving down the path to instrumented cities
Download this free report and discover the opportunities awaiting hardware and software entrepreneurs in the IoT space.