101 CAREERS IN COUNSELINGBook - 2019
Praise for the First Edition:
“This excellent career guide will be valuable for students, young professionals, and those interested in a second career in counseling.”--Choice
Fully updated, the second edition of this comprehensive, easy-to-use guide explores the wealth of diverse career opportunities in both traditional and non-traditional counseling settings. It provides up-to-date information on occupational outlooks, best and most challenging aspects of each job, and profiles of real-life counselors that provide insight into the core of the profession.
Each career is consistently formatted to include an overview of the profession, salary range, employment prospects, and educational and licensing requirements. The book also examines the pros and cons of different types of educational programs including online curricula. Additionally, this resource provides guidance for financing your education and the job search process. Helpful checklists and questionnaires for current counseling professionals who seek a change, those in graduate programs, and those new to the profession, help readers to make well-informed choices.
New to the Second Edition:
- Completely updated to reflect significant changes in the field
- New Bureau of Labor occupational outlook
- Updated and expanded coverage of educational requirements, licensure, and continuing education
- Highlights new and emerging careers
- Special focus on careers in mindfulness practice, trauma counseling, international counseling, art therapy, and in-hospital and in-patient settings
- New profiles of real-life counselors
- Enhanced coverage of social media, networking sites, and search engines
- Includes helpful career development tools such as checklists and questionnaires, job-hunting websites, networking tips, and more
- Provides salary range, employment prospects, and best and worst aspects of each job
- Offers guidance on educational requirement, licensure, and continuing education